Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Testing Firefox 4.0 BETA

I decided to test out the new Firefox 4.0 Beta.  I've been using the Firefox browser ever since 2004 when IE allowed my system to be mercilously infected with Adware, forcing me to reinstall from scratch.  I've loved using Firefox, but lately I've noticed that Chrome and Opera were much faster.  I was hoping that the new release of FF would do the trick, and based on my early (one day) impressions, it has.  I find it to be much more responsive than before.

What I like:
The built in tab view page
The see-thru (aero?) style of the top bar
Paste & Go right click menu option (finally)
The overall speed...big improvement!

What I don't like (yet):
The tabs being moved above the address bar (I just have to move my mouse further...yuk!)
The status items that used to be in the bottom right hand corner are now part of the navigation bar
When you hover over a link, the destination now appears in the address bar.
I'm used to looking at the bottom of the window for these last 2 items, so it's going to take getting used to looking at the top to see them.

All-in-all, it looks like a huge thumbs up on the FF 4.0.   Hopefully my add-on makers are on the ball so I don't have to wait too long for some of those functions (thankfully NoScript -- a requirement these days -- is already a go).

No comments:

Post a Comment