Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HP Solution Center 64-bit woes

I tried scanning in several documents on my Windows 7 RC 64-bit machine using the HP Solution Center for my OfficeJet 5600 AIO, and even though it looks like I have OCR disabled, the scans were pathetic. There were several places where the written numbers were totally obliterated, and the original typed text looked like it was in shadow mode, or 3-D mode. It was horrible. I thought I had executed this properly on an earlier version of Win7 w/o issue, but not this time. I had to resort to scanning on my XP Pro system, which worked flawlessly.

I compared the "Scan Document" settings between the 2 systems and they were identical, and on Win7 it says it was NON OCR mode, but it sure was acting like OCR was stepping all over the document when scanned. I will tinker with it some more, and possibly reinstall the SW to see if that fixes it.

Probably (hopefully) something simple....

No comments:

Post a Comment