Monday, May 11, 2009

I'll install Windows 7 RC this week....hopefully

Well, I downloaded the RC for Windows 7 the first morning it was available, but time has prevented me from installing it. It requires (well, it's strongly recommended!) a fresh install, so I need to pretty much give myself a full day to do it. I have so many apps to install to get things up and running that I really need to be ready when it's time to do the install. I have a few torrents that will take another day or so (and those that won't, like the Keane Live 2006 torrent that's been working for 2 months) I can just restart once I've got utorrent reinstalled.

I haven't even had time to read reviews of the RC, although I can't see it being THAT different than the betas I've been running.

I really need the install, too. For some reason, my HP Solution Center software does not recognize the installed OfficeJet 5610 after I did my beta version update (7000 > 7067). Printing works fine, but no other functions like scanning or faxing work, since they rely on the solution center sw (at least how I use them they do). If I try to reinstall it, it can't find the device. I can't delete the device and readd it....nothing. Something about updating from one beta release to the other must have fouled something, so hopefully a new install will fix it (after all, the initial beta install posed no problems, other than having to run the installation file in Vista compatibility mode).

No comments:

Post a Comment