Thursday, May 14, 2009

uTorrent gives user-mapped file error during download...why?

I just reinstalled Windows 7 RC this week and am running uTorrent version 1.8.2. I started getting the user-mapped error on some downloading torrents. I thought I had fixed it before by going into Power Options and disabling the option for Windows to turn off the disk drive, but that didn't fix it this time (so it probably didn't fix it last time either).

Thanks to this tread I hopefully have prevented the error.

I run AVG, so I went into the Resident Shield and added my download directory to the exceptions list. I also disabled windows indexing for the download directory as well. That should do it. I don't know which one was the offender, but now I'm covered in either case.

1 comment:

  1. Had this problem over and over, browsed and browsed no solution worked as were all for vista and have the Windows 7 RC so thanks very much :) Works fine.

    ReplyDelete