Thursday, April 9, 2009

Could AT&T U-verse by in my future?

Well, as I just found out this week, my penchant for downloading and sharing live concerts is pushing me perilously close to the 250Gb monthly limit as outlined by my ISP, Comcast. Combine that with 5 or 6 other PC's in the house, including my work from home office, and it's pretty easy to see that it's gonna be painful to try and stay below the threshold.

Enter AT&T U-verse. I've heard really good things about it, and apparently it's available in my area. If I combine the price for the 200 channel package and the fastest internet connection (18Mbps), it's about the same as my Comcast monthly cost. The AT&T channel package has ALL the same channels we get now, but it also has a few more that I would like to have (NFL network and ESPN Classic). The internet rated d/l speed, assuming it's available, is nearly twice as fast as the fastest offering by Comcast, and even if i have to step down to the 10Mbps, that still faster than the 8Mbps I'm paying for now. The best part is that there don't appear to be any usage limits associated with the service (unless you an abhorrent abuser to the tune of TB's per month), so it will allow me to continue sharing my stuff w/o fear of getting dropped for exceeding some arbitrary limit. Sounds like a winner!

Throw in a super cool DVR that lets you playback on any TV in the house, and it's really a convincing offer....more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment