Monday, April 13, 2009

Well, AT&T U-verse may not be a go!

Well, the AT&T U-verse requires a converter box for each TV, and the package only includes a single DVR, so I would have to pony up $7/mo for each additional TV in the house....which at this point is 4, so another $28/mo. I'm not sure that's gonna be worth the cost, not to mention the hassle of changing email addresses (I guess I could have the kids chip in, since 2 of those TV's are in their rooms).

However, this 250Gb monthly limit imposed by Comcast is driving me crazy. I've reduced uTorrent to only 50Kpbs, and its uploading just under 3Gb a day,which is doable, I guess, but it leaves very little room for downloads....1 4Gb DVD, like the Phil Collins live in Tel Aviv I found today, and that day's 8Gb limit is wiped out...on just this PC....that doesn't count the other 4 that are running in the house. This is gonna kill my sharing ratios!!!

I did call AT&T to see if I could get just the U-verse internet w/o the cable....I can't. If I want JUST internet, I have to go with DSL (yuk! although from what I've read, there are no artificially imposed limits, but I'm very used to cable speed now, so going back to DSL would be pretty tough.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment