Tuesday, April 14, 2009

U-verse on the way!

I did it. I ordered AT&T U-verse. I ran into a AT&T field tech guy at Arby's while I was eating lunch. He looked up my address in his computer and found that I am only 2500 feet from the nearest fiber box, so I should get exceptional service. That was the clincher. Even though it will cost about $30 more per month than my current Comcast cable/internet combined, I think it will be worth it for a few reasons:
1) NFL network (BOO-YAH!)
2) ESPN Classic
3) No usage limits, so no fear of waking up to find that my service has been disconnected because I used my internet too much last month
4) Total home DVR...record once, watch anywhere (my wife pointed out that we could have paid for more converters from Comcast and gotten the same feature..true)
5) 18Mbps download - I went for the whole enchilada in terms of speed, so the U-verse speed will be double what I was getting from Comcast.

Installation is less than a week way...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment